After a decade and a biennium past I saw Ang Lee’s Hulk (2003) yesterday again in BlueRay DVD. The first time, I saw this movie just after the film was released in India in 2003. I liked Hulk game based on Hulk (2003) movie, which was awesome.
If I am not forgotten my past experience with this movie, I can remember there were some serious graphical damage issues I had noticed in the first released print. Yesterday, when I saw the film again I realized it was corrected may be in the later prints of the movie.
Watching Hulk (2003) again had a reason behind. Right now, I am collecting all superhero films BlueRay prints to see which films I liked most. My due respect to Mr. Sam Raimi for his direction of Spiderman Trilogy 2002-07. Hulk (2003) I had a big expectation just after Spiderman (2002)’s super success. The technology of film-making became so advanced in the 00’s.
I gathered some feelings about Ang Lee’s Hulk (2003) which I want to share in this review.
- Sam Elliott as General Thunderbolt Ross is the second best character in this film, I respect his appearance. He was as expected.
- Some reviewers wrote, “Eric Bana’s Hulk is not good”. I want to correct them it’s not Eric Bana’s Hulk. By the way, I am not a fan of Eric Bana but he acted very well in this movie, at least his acting is the only key that captured my attention.
- According to Marvel, once Hulk becomes angry he turns into a green monster but that’s a fixed size he gets increased, but in this movie when the Hulk became angrier to angriest his size increased more and more which is a jumbo spoiler.
- Hulk (2003) showed us about unknown past of Bruce Banner and his parents.
- It’s hard to believe that they have had used the most advanced technology of the time but why the special effects of the film were so unreal?
- I think cost and deadline could be the issues behind the unsuccess of this film.
- Ang Lee is one of the respected directors in the world. I think, perhaps Hulk (2003) is his life’s the most memorable and difficult project he worked. Even the film does not stand well.